- Christian's Laurel vigil and ceremony on Saturday went smoothly, with no major disasters and just the right amount of humor.
- My mother in fact enjoyed Birka quite a bit; I had hoped that would be the case, but was nervous.
- The Big Demo at work yesterday morning went even better than hoped. None of the feared crises occurred -- instead, the CEO came out, told us we'd nailed the demo, sent us all out to lunch on the company and gave us the afternoon off.
- That, in turn, gave me a couple of free hours to hang out with ladysprite, play her some Clam Chowder (a previous shocking lack in her filk education) and show her FreQuency (the video game I've been raving about for months).
- I finally won an architectural argument at work that's been brewing for the past week. This has the downside of putting a lot more work on my plate, but the upside that I actually believe in the new architecture model.
- Rozi, bless her, tweaked the schedule for this weekend's event such that it greatly reduces the expected suckage of Saturday.
- Last but not least, we seem to have gotten past the February Blues, trading "frigid" in for "brisk".
Overall, I'm counting my blessings and knocking on wood, but it's proving to be a much more pleasant week than I'd been anticipating. (And it is providing many excuses for coining negative neologisms derived from the word "suck", which is a mild entertainment unto itself...)