There are so many ways in which a big pot of boiling turkey carcass is a good thing:
- It reduces waste, putting as much of the bird as possible to use.
- It makes the house smell of boiled turkey, a distinctly homey and holiday aroma.
- It humidifies the house, benefiting my poor abused sinuses.
- It means that we'll have triple-strength turkey stock to put into the freezer at the end.
- And it means that we'll have lots of leftover, boiled-off meat, forcing us to make msmemory's famously excellent turkey pie. (I was very amused when we finally got around to trying Harrow's, and I realized that it's about half as good as what I'm used to.)