- It reduces waste, putting as much of the bird as possible to use.
- It makes the house smell of boiled turkey, a distinctly homey and holiday aroma.
- It humidifies the house, benefiting my poor abused sinuses.
- It means that we'll have triple-strength turkey stock to put into the freezer at the end.
- And it means that we'll have lots of leftover, boiled-off meat, forcing us to make msmemory's famously excellent turkey pie. (I was very amused when we finally got around to trying Harrow's, and I realized that it's about half as good as what I'm used to.)
Bubble, bubble, toil and gobble
There -- I've just finished a major milestone in the monumental "sort the comics and figure out which ones to get rid of" project. I've finished with…
[There's a lot of good stuff coming out, so it's time to get back into the habit of The Review of Obscure Books.] Downstairs in our basement, there…
As a lot of you know, I am the possessor of a lot of Stuff. Among that Stuff is the most idiotically large comic-book collection of anybody I know,…