- It reduces waste, putting as much of the bird as possible to use.
- It makes the house smell of boiled turkey, a distinctly homey and holiday aroma.
- It humidifies the house, benefiting my poor abused sinuses.
- It means that we'll have triple-strength turkey stock to put into the freezer at the end.
- And it means that we'll have lots of leftover, boiled-off meat, forcing us to make msmemory's famously excellent turkey pie. (I was very amused when we finally got around to trying Harrow's, and I realized that it's about half as good as what I'm used to.)
Bubble, bubble, toil and gobble
(Unlike nearly everything I post, this is intentionally only being posted to LiveJournal.) A few days ago, I posted my analysis of the new LJ Terms…
Mainly for Somerville residents -- the developer of an enormous new apartment complex at Assembly Square is trying to skeeve out of some of the…
When I dubbed my current politics posts with the tag "wartime thoughts", that was not originally intended as a general statement about the…